Diversified Services Network, Inc. (DSN) is seeking an Accountant in Nashville, TN.
- Prepare, examine or analyze accounting records, financial statements or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Develop, maintain, and analyze budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs.
- Develop, implement, modify, and document record-keeping and accounting systems.
- Compute taxes owed and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting or other tax requirements.
- Prepare forms and manuals for accounting and bookkeeping personnel and direct their work activities.
- This position will work with other team members responsible for Configuration/development of Oracle and Vertex Tax software and unit testing of tax rules for US deployment.
- Work closely with other teams (IS Technical, Business, Reporting) and Corporate Tax.
- Interact with Vertex consultants for issues that require their assistance.
- This individual will be trained to become the primary source for Vertex maintenance and upkeep.
- Respond to issues reported by users by verifying, analyzing, and resolving the issue.
- Test current or future system functionality.
- Based on the stage of the project, this role could be involved in the developing system functionality and tax rules, reconciling legacy system to new or testing development either through individual unit testing or organized group test events.
- A 4-year college/university degree in Accounting.
- An advanced degree in a financial discipline is preferred.
- 5-7 years financial and/or accounting experience.
- 5+ years of progressively responsible experience in federal, state or international sales tax fields.
- Knowledge of US Sales Tax rules/calculation.
- Knowledge of Oracle R12 and Vertex O Series.
- Previous experience with computer applications, such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and any other related accounting software.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and company policies, procedures and regulations as related to accounting.
- Knowledge of Oracle EBS applications and other data analytic tools (Query Reporter, SQL, etc.).
- Ability to perform Vertex build activities including configuration of Vertex and the development of the required interface specifications to Oracle R12.
- Knowledge of company Financial business activities or financial services industry.
- Previous complex project and tax system deployment experience.
- Demonstrated ability to handle complex tax analysis and account analysis and effectively communicate the results to manager, staff or outside auditors.
- Demonstrated ability to use software packages associated with accounting, i.e. tax systems, spreadsheets, graphics, and word processing.
- Advanced knowledge and ability to reconcile accounts and resolve any resulting issues.
- Thorough knowledge of and the proven ability to interpret various tax laws and recommend adjustments when changes occur.
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Superior written and verbal communications skills.
- Verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, and critical thinking.
- Ability to work independently and manage one’s time.
- Ability to apply accounting and mathematical principles to work as needed.
- Ability to analyze business trends and project future revenues and expenses.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- Oracle: 1 year (Preferred)
- Accounting: 5 years (Required)