The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is committed to providing quality health services to Oklahoma citizens. Our mission is to protect and promote health, to prevent disease and injury, and to cultivate conditions by which Oklahomans can be healthy.
•Prepares various reports that analyze payroll and time and leave data for the agency.
- Maintains and files confidential employee records in the Payroll file room and maintains the unit’s record retention/disposition of payroll records.
- Processes changes in tax status, direct deposits, payroll deductions, and miscellaneous changes in the payroll system.
- Provides assistance and guidance to employees through exceptional customer service skills, interpreting State Statute, Merit Rules, and agency policy concerning payroll and time and leave matters.
- Reconciles employee’s deductions against invoices/billings every pay period and mails out warrants and documentation.
- Charts employee information into Fiscal accounting system.
- Serves as back-up to entering employee data into the agency’s Time & Effort system.
- Other duties as assigned.
Preference may be given to the applicants with knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PeopleSoft HCM.
STATE EMPLOYEE INFORMATION
IF YOU ARE A CURRENT OR FORMER PERMANENT, CLASSIFIED STATE EMPLOYEE, PLEASE APPLY TO THE “INTERNAL JOBS” LISTING HERE. DO NOT APPLY VIA THIS RECRUITMENT.
Positions in this job family are assigned responsibilities involving professional level work in the maintenance, analysis, interpretation and management of financial accounting data. This includes the preparation and posting of various journals, ledgers and accounts, analysis and presentation of financial data, and preparation of financial statements and expenditure reports, review and approval of various vouchers and invoices for payment, analyzing budget requirements, preparing payroll data, allocation of funds to various accounts or functions, and other similar activities.
The Accountant job family has four levels which are distinguished by the complexity of assignments, the level of expertise required to perform the duties assigned, and the responsibility for providing leadership to others.
This is the basic level of the job family where employees are primarily responsible for performing routine entry level work in a training status to build their skills in maintaining, analyzing and reporting financial information and applying generally accepted accounting principles. In this role they will perform tasks involving the maintenance of financial information, reviewing and processing routine vouchers and invoices for payment, preparation of routine or standardized accounting reports and financial statements and the reconciliation of simple accounting transactions.
Education and Experience requirements at this level consist of a bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, finance or a closely related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience, substituting one year of bookkeeping for each year of the required degree.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Scores based on: 100% Evaluation of Education and Experience listed on the supplemental questionnaire.
***NOTE: Names of eligible applicants can be made available to State agencies upon their request, immediately following the closing date and time.