Inside Sales Account Managaer
Indianapolis, IN – Wiley
We are in one of the most dynamic periods in our history as technology, globalism, and economic diversity create far-reaching changes in the world. The demand for knowledge and learning has never been greater, and Wiley is at the forefront of meeting that need. As a learning business, we make meaningful contributions to research discovery and lifelong learning by helping organizations achieve their goals and people achieve success from education through their career. We may have been founded over two centuries ago, but our secret to success remains the same: change with the times and adapt to meet the ever-evolving needs of our customers.
The Account Manager – Inside Sales will be responsible for achieving sales goals within an assigned sales territory by identifying and closing new business and moving current business into a renewable digital format at the higher education (college) course, department, and institutional level within designated disciplines. Responsibilities include ongoing opportunity analysis, maintaining and reporting market intelligence, and orchestrating a variety of resources and capabilities to develop course and institutional solutions.
New Business Development
- Identify, qualify, define and manage prospects; close sales opportunities at course, department, and institutional level across all disciplines. Ability to open and win new business and takeaway opportunities.
- Ability to analyse sales opportunities based on current business in place and leverage successful implementations to find new business at adoption, course, department, and institutional levels.
- Ability to influence multiple levels of decision makers.
Digital Competency and Presentation Skills
- Maintain proficiency and knowledge of Wiley digital products and services and appropriately position our solutions against the competition.
- Effectively prepare and deliver strategic sales presentations to customers via one-on-one and group presentations primarily remotely with on-sight presentations as warranted.
Account Analysis and Development
- Define and execute account sales plans for each of the named accounts in territory within designated disciplines.
- Develop and manage sales pipeline; prospect and assess sales opportunities and move a large number of transactions simultaneously through the sales pipeline using Salesforce (our CRM system).
- Provide regular reporting, account and adoption intelligence, and update opportunities and information within SalesForce each week to further define opportunities scope and resources needed.
- Ability to develop and maintain account strategies balancing long-term strategic planning and short-term execution in coordination with field based Account Managers where warranted.
Collaboration with Internal Stakeholders
- Will communicate regularly and work collaboratively with internal stakeholders including Implementation Specialist, District Manager, internal product team members, field based Account Managers and solutions specialists.
- Provide adoption and market intelligence to internal stakeholders throughout the business cycle
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years successful field sales experience in market or comparable market segment
- Business Acumen: Knowledge of higher education market.
- Ability to interpret and analyse viability of sales opportunity and potential growth
- Drive for results: Can be counted on to exceed goals consistently. Bottom line oriented. Steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Customer focused: Acts with customers in mind. Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers. Obtains first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services.
- Perseverance: Pursues everything with energy & drive especially in the face of resistance or set-backs.
- Ability to work under pressure in an environment of changing priorities to meet milestones and demanding deadlines.
- Adaptable: Can navigate complex sales processes with multiple decision-makers: including but not limited to Professors, Course Coordinators, Department Chairs, Deans, Provosts, Head of Library, IT Administrator, etc., at respective college/university/institution.
- Learning on the fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement. Experiments and will try creative approach to discover solutions. Enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks.
- Autonomous/Decision-making: Can work independently and manage budget, time and resources effectively.
- Collaborative: Will communicate regularly and work collaboratively with internal stakeholders including Engagement specialist, District Manager and internal product team and solutions managers.
- Able to lead effective presentations to internal and external customers, in both large groups and one-on-one settings.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of customer database systems such as Salesforce or other CRM. Ability to update pertinent saes information within CRM to manage territory.
- Strong familiarity of PC and Internet applications including MS office suite (Word, excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to effectively demonstrate software solutions.
What you can expect in return:
- Participation in incentive program, outstanding benefits
- Fast-paced, intellectually-challenging professional environment
- Competitive Benefits including a Company matched 401k plan and tuition assistanc
- Generous Paid Time Off policy
- People have always been valued at Wiley. We work collaboratively, enjoy what we do and have opportunities to develop throughout our careers. And the rewards are impressive.
Wiley is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.