American Office is looking for a GSA Sales Account Executive to join our team in Washington, D.C. The GSA Sales Account Executive formulates and executes strategies to expand current relationships and selling opportunities in the existing GSA customer base that will result in sales opportunities and successful closes of those opportunities. The GSA Sales Executive develops and fosters new relationships at the C-suite level. Our GSA Sales Executive also develops strong and fluid working relationships with the GSA community. This role also has responsibilities for securing existing renewals and sales with the objective to grow and expanded products/solutions.
- Sell Assigned Solutions to New and Existing Customers
- Make executive-level sales calls to GSA customers and targeted accounts
- Identify the business needs of prospective customers and present, close and sell solutions
- Establish a credible image through business knowledge in presenting and selling specific business solutions for your customers’ needs
- Educate customers on the benefits and business results of specific products and services at American Office
- Implement strategies that will expand existing accounts
- Clarify, confirm and resolve customer issues as required in order to increase new business for new and existing client base (customer advocate)
- Work closely with and leverage client management, and other sales and operations resources, to strengthen customer relations leading to the identification and closure of additional sales opportunities.
- Become an expert in the content of American Office
- Sales Administration Functions
- Maintain appropriate status updates within the customer relationship management system
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- 3 or more years of experience:
- GSA Client development
- Proven ability to meet sales goals including demonstrated achievement of 100% or greater of annual quota in two of the last three fiscal years; experience as a field-based commissionable sales position; experience with senior-level leadership
- Role Specific Competencies
- Proven ability to meet or even exceed sales goals
- Strong knowledge of the issues surrounding the GSA market
- Self-motivated problem solver; approach problems and issues in a logical/systemic manner; research issues to the lowest level to secure answers and resolve issues decisively
- Ability to conduct executive-level presentations and excellent listening skills
- Ability to prospect and qualify potential leads
- Strong negotiating skills; strong knowledge of the industry and competitors; the ability to effectively point out the strategic differentiators of American Office
- Ability to grasp new ideas and learn quickly; ability to work autonomously with high-level direction and minimal supervision as well as collaboratively with others; ability to influence and build effective relationships.
- Ability to network and attend required networking events
Direct Hire ONLY* No staffing companies.
Contact Recruiter directly.
American Office is an equal opportunity employer
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year
- account management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Sales: 2 years (Preferred)
- Send resume to J. McMahon, Recruiter at: [email protected]
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off