We are a leading independent global asset manager, dedicated to delivering the best outcomes for our clients through a highly diversified range of actively-managed products. We are truly global, supporting our individual and institutional investors across a range of products, encompassing equities, fixed income, multi-asset and alternatives. Our high-energy and collaborative culture at Janus Henderson helps our client achieve their goals and ensures that our people love the place they work.
Janus Henderson operates an outsourced model in partnership with our Third-Party Administrators (TPA). The primary focus of the Operations team is the oversight and management of the TPAs as well as supporting internal clients (for example the Distribution and Investment teams). Operations also support numerous projects and operational changes to maintain best practice operational processes.
Overview of the role
In this role you will lead sophisticated onboarding and product launch projects. The role is accountable for implementing new business which entails liaising between internal and external partners to ensure all documentation and operational requirements are fulfilled prior to inception. In this role you are encouraged to act as change agent to streamline processes and procedures related to client onboarding and product launches. While the role is based in the US, there is a global function as work is required on onboarding from global regions.
Duties and responsibilities
- Manage complex client transactions, including new account onboarding, in kind transfers and changes to existing client mandates across the client lifecycle. Specific project management duties include detailed planning, status tracking, monitoring and reporting, partner communication, chairing meetings, resolving issues, etc.
- Develop the strategy for managing the timelines for concurrent projects with multiple deliverables with the business sponsor, client and other internal/external partners.
- Lead and coordinate a variety of project work streams with partners from across the organization (Legal, Compliance, Investment Team, Sales and Client Relations, etc.) and be ultimately responsible for the successful delivery of complex account onboarding and client changes.
- In partnership with Client Relations, engage with Institutional Clients to prove and outstanding client experience throughout the onboarding process
- Build relationships internally in order to successfully understand and have a view into sales pipelines as well as understand stakeholder business processes and how they impact the onboarding process.
- Coordinate external parties (outsourced service providers, custodians, transition managers, etc.) through management of various client account events. Ensure events are processed successfully within agreed upon timelines
- Serve as main point of contact within the organization for global system used internally to facilitate client account onboarding and subsequent events as well as product launches.
- Partner with Product team on new products/lines of business. Ensure understanding of Operational requirements in order to facilitate setup with internal/external partners
- Work with external vendors to outline product structures, establish costs and facilitate product launches.
- Facilitate a variety of product launches – commingled pools, CIT (Collective Investment Trust), SMA (separately managed accounts), ETF, ’40 Act mutual funds, etc. Additionally facilitate subsequent changes to or closures of such products.
- Facilitate selection and ongoing due diligence of vendors for private fund suite
- Ensure a strong control environment exists around department processes. Build and maintain department procedures and documentation
- Carry out additional duties as assigned.
Technical skills and qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance and/or equivalent relevant industry experience
- Advanced degree or MBA preferred
- Five plus years mutual fund/financial services operational experience required
- Operational knowledge of requirements and the process for onboarding investment management clients across a variety of business segments.
- Detailed knowledge of the investment management operations landscape and trends
- Experience reviewing Investment Management Agreements (IMA) or similar agreements
- Ability to partner and collaborate with a variety of business partners – Sales, Investment Team, Client Relationship Managers, Legal, Compliance, etc.
- Knowledge of various account structures and legal documentation required to establish new accounts
- Detailed knowledge of investment strategies and markets (fixed income, alternatives, asset allocation, currency hedging, etc.). Additionally have knowledge of various security types (derivatives, forwards,etc.), operational components and agreements necessary to trade in such instruments
- Detailed understanding of the trading process and the impact of various account events impact that process (e.g. TIK, etc.)
In addition to putting clients first, acting like an owner, and succeeding as a team, the competencies for this role include:
- Excellent interpersonal, decision making and analytical abilities
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to run multiple large scale projects with a variety of inputs and changing requirements
- Ability to resolve complex problems positively and professionally
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including experience creating and delivering presentations to senior management and larger audiences
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
Ongoing competence in the role to be assessed, in line with applicable regulatory requirements, by:
- Annual performance appraisal
- Completion of all assigned compliance training
At a minimum the role will require you to:
- Place the interest of Janus Henderson’s Clients first, act in accordance with TCF (Treating Customers Fairly) principles
- Understand and follow laws and regulations applicable for your role, seeking the help of your supervising manager or Compliance if additional guidance is required
- Understand and abide by all Janus Henderson policies applicable to your role, and seek support/guidance of the policy owner guidance when required
You are ultimately accountable for your actions and responsible for seeking further information on any or all of the above as necessary.
The base salary range for this position is $75,000-$85,000. This range is estimated for this role. Actual pay may be different
Janus Henderson (including its subsidiaries) will not maintain existing or sponsor new industry registrations or licenses where not supported by an employee’s job functions (as set by Janus Henderson at its sole discretion).
You should be willing to adhere to the provisions of our Investment Advisory Code of Ethics related to personal securities activities and other disclosure and certification requirements, including past political contributions and political activities. Applicants’ past political contributions or activity may impact applicants’ eligibility for this position.
Annual Bonus Opportunity: Position is eligible to receive an annual discretionary bonus award from the profit pool. The profit pool is funded based on Company profits. Individual bonuses are determined based on Company, department, team and individual performance.
Benefits: Janus Henderson is committed to offering a comprehensive total rewards package to eligible employees that includes; competitive compensation, pension/retirement plans, and various health, wellbeing and lifestyle benefits. To learn more about our offerings please visit the Why Join Us section on the career page here.
Janus Henderson (including its subsidiaries) will not maintain existing or sponsor new industry registrations or licenses where not supported by an employee’s job functions (as determined by Janus Henderson at its sole discretion).