PRIMARY PURPOSE: Specializes in acquiring customers through inbound leads and qualified prospects. Responsible for providing customers with product solutions based on facts and understanding of customers’ business needs and strategy. Owns opportunities through the full sales cycle from lead to close.
SALES CYCLE: 0 – 2 Months.
- Small Business segment customers.
- Customer centric mindset, with the ability to interface with support team on a daily basis.
- Simple Configurations – primarily Cloud Computing.
- Sells to mid level management.
- Receives well qualified leads and prospects to sell integrated solutions based on customer need.
- Leads sales process for all Rackspace solutions.
- Meets virtually with qualified leads to better understand customer needs and provides proposals.
- Leads efforts to create proposal for solution to prove value add.
- Leads the negotiation, closure, and documentation of customer contracts and renewals (for customers with growth potential).
- Collaborates with prospective customers to select the best solution to meet their needs out of the full product portfolio.
- Contributes to solution of straightforward business problems regarding operations, products, services or customers.
- Analyzes information, asks questions and checks for understanding using standard procedures within the job family.
- Applies acquired skills and experience to complete moderately complex, but routine tasks.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Meets or exceeds sales targets.
- Meets or exceeds pipeline targets.
- Ensures documentation necessary for the deal is properly maintained and updated and provides leadership updates on status, resources, and financial information.
- Creates advocates out of clients by delivering fanatical customer experience and leverages client advocates to drive additional sales.
- Ensures all relevant data and reporting into CRM in timely fashion.
- General instruction on routine tasks, detailed instruction on new assignments.
- Decisions impact own team and other teams whose work activities are closely related.
- May suggest improvements to existing processes and solutions to improve the efficiency of the team.
- Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate actions or to recommend alternative resolutions.
- Drives cross-functional collaboration to give potential customers a seamless experience across Rackspace through sales, implementation and onboarding, and Account Management hand-off.
- Gathers and collaborates with internal resources (Specialist Sellers, Portfolio Architects, Specialized Architects, Pro Serv) so that consistent, aligned solutions are presented to potential customers.
- Maintains internal relationships and determines need for external contacts.
- Shares knowledge with stakeholders in strategic pursuit, support, and sales organization.
- Knowledgeable in professional sales training and sales process.
- Business knowledge to understand customer needs and strategy and apply the value of Rackspace solutions to their specific situation.
- Working knowledge of principles and methods within own job discipline.
- Working knowledge of the company, products, services and customers.
- Understands key drivers of success in functional area and uses this understanding to accomplish own work.
- Possesses superior follow up skills with the ability to respond under pressure.
- Able to effectively communicate over the phone, video, through email, and face-to-face.
- Strong presentation, written and verbal communication skills.
- Goal oriented with superior work ethic.
- Proven territory development skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Sales, Marketing, Business or a related field.
- At the manager’s discretion a High school diploma or equivalent plus an additional 4 years of relevant sales experience may substitute for the degree requirement.
- 1-2 Years of B2B Sales experience in Cloud Computing (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS), Services, Apps, and/or Security.
- Experience with outbound sales activities
- Experience cultivating new business with new customers.
- Requires 2 years of successful sales and/or account management experience, including a minimum of 1 year of Outbounding experience at Rackspace.
- General office environment.
- May require long periods sitting and viewing a computer monitor.
- Moderate levels of stress may occur at times.
- No special physical demands required.
- Responsible for adhering to company security policies and procedures and any other relevant policies and standards as directed.