Academic Affairs Technician WITC Rice Lake Campus
Posting Number: 2010677
Position Type: Office & Technical Support
Department: Academic Affairs
The Academic Affairs Technician is responsible for providing any and all technical and office support for the campus Dean(s), Associate Dean(s), and campus faculty at the local campus.
Required Core Abilities:
WITC seeks to employ individuals with talent, commitment, enthusiasm, strong interpersonal skills and the ability to:
- Assess own learning and progress toward established personal and professional goals.
- Demonstrate creativity, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Communicate effectively in personal and group settings.
- Contribute to a diverse, respectful, and inclusive working and learning environment.
- Effect change and demonstrate flexibility and positive leadership.
- Acquire and apply technology to working and learning.
1. Two years related post-secondary training or four years related work experience, OR a combination of related training and work experience totaling four years. Associate Degree preferred.
2. Strong customer service skills and interpersonal skills required.
3. Demonstrated organizational skills, dependability and the ability to work independently or in a team environment.
4. Knowledge of and proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and in the use of a personal computer, computer applications and software required.
5. Must be detail oriented and have the ability to work with minimal supervision.
6. Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills as well as excellent proofreading skills.
7. Must be able to flex hours to accommodate some evening meetings/work.
8. PeopleSoft experience is desirable.
9. Proven ability to problem-solve and to think critically.
10. Ability to obtain driver’s license and insurance coverage in accordance with College policy.
Standing, Walking (Frequently);
Sitting, handling/fingering, reaching outward, reaching above shoulders (Occasionally);
Lifting/Carrying 10 lbs. or less (Frequently), 11-20 lbs. (Occasionally);
Pushing/Pulling 12 lbs. or less (Occasionally)
Specific position responsibilities may include any or all of the following areas:
- Schedule, plan and provide administrative and technical support for the campus Advisory Committees for the local dean and faculty who chair these committees
- Order, monitor and maintain all major equipment purchases and spreadsheets for the local dean and work with the campus dean on all yearly budget and facilities planning for the divisional program area
- Assist the Academic Affairs dean at the local campus in the scheduling process to include any and all preparatory work
- Schedule program review meetings, provide technical and administrative support for the campus dean and/or faculty as requested for any program review needed
- Schedule and provide support for the Academic Affairs dean at the local campus for any and all divisional meetings or program meetings
- Coordinate, track and secure any and all travel arrangements as requested by the Academic Affairs dean at the local campus
- Run PeopleSoft and Cognos budget reports, or extracts for the Academic Affairs dean at the local campus as requested
- Create and maintain a spreadsheet of all professional staff development requests for the Academic Affairs dean at the local campus for their program faculty and staff, as well as secure and track all professional staff development travel as is needed or requested by the campus dean
- Coordinate updates and maintain The Connection pages for the Academic Affairs deans on the local campus
- Scheduling of rooms in 25LIVE for meetings for staff from any location or for any event.
- Create divisional course extracts for the academic and/or divisional dean from that campus location and assume responsibility for all aspects of the Scheduling process for the specific program areas for the dean(s) located at that campus to include updating and maintaining spreadsheets, instructor and program grids, course entry into PeopleSoft, creating PDF’s and uploading an updating documents to The Connection.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Academic Affairs dean(s) at the local campus
- Monitor, compile and maintain all Advisory Committee member databases for program areas at the local campus
- Provide any and all technical and data-entry support needed for the Scheduling process
- Provide any and all technical and data-entry support needed for divisional, faculty, and/or campus meetings as requested
- Provide office and technical support for faculty on the campus level as directed by the campus dean
- Research, summarize, analyze information and prepare reports related to Scheduling, Advisory Committees, budgets, travel, and program or divisional areas as requested by the local campus dean
- Serve as a member of the Scheduling Committee Team and provide input and direction for the scheduling process
- Work closely with counterparts in the Academic Affairs division
- Represent WITC in the community and at community events as asked or needed
- Assist in the development and suggestions for editing for the divisional program pages on The Connection, and perform the edits
- Actively participate on campus and Collegewide committees as requested
- Assist with program or Academic Affairs events as requested
- Any and all other duties as assigned by the campus dean
Posting Date: 04/25/2019
Testing Place: No applicant testing required for this posting.
Closing Date: 5/13/2019
Open Until Filled: No
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Your application will be considered complete when we have received a completed online application, a cover letter addressing all of the qualifications for this position, and a resume. Original or copies of official or unofficial college transcripts will also be helpful in our determining who the best candidates are to be interviewed. Please note that original transcripts will be required prior to any job offer being made. If you have any questions on the transcript requirements, Human Resources can be contacted via email at [email protected]
Please mail transcripts, if unable to scan, to Human Resources:
505 Pine Ridge Drive
Shell Lake WI 54871
Please note: the College reserves the right to extend time limits or re-initiate the recruitment/selection process at any point.
Weeks per year: 52 weeks per year
Hours per week: 37.5 hours per week
Salary Hiring Range: FY19 Wage Range Table Support and Technical Personnel Grade Level 1 Minimum Placement = $16.49 hour
Benefit Information: Health Insurance
Flexible Spending Account
Long Term Disability Insurance
Sick Leave – Personal and Family
403b Tax Sheltered Annuity/Match
More detailed information online at https://www.witc.edu/about-witc/employment/benefits
To apply, visit https://witc.peopleadmin.com/postings/2491
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency