Is this position restricted?
Health & Human Services-1150
RUC-Occupational Therapy, Dept of- 11521
Months Per Year
Full Time/Part Time
If part time, enter Percent Time
Contact Name for Applicant
Contact Phone for Applicant
Radford University is a comprehensive public university of 10,695 students that has received national recognition for many of its undergraduate and graduate academic programs, as well as its sustainability initiatives. Radford University serves the Commonwealth of Virginia and the nation through a wide range of academic, cultural, human service and research programs. Well known for its strong faculty/student bonds, innovative use of technology in the learning environment and vibrant student life on a beautiful 204-acre American classical campus, Radford University offers students many opportunities to get involved and succeed in and out of the classroom. The University offers 76 bachelor’s degree programs in 47 disciplines, three associate degrees, and six certificates at the undergraduate level; 28 master’s programs in 23 disciplines and six doctoral programs at the graduate level; and 14 post-baccalaureate certificates and one post-master’s certificate. A Division I member of the NCAA and Big South Conference, Radford University competes in 16 men’s and women’s varsity athletics. With over 300 clubs and organizations, Radford University offers many opportunities for student engagement, leadership development and community service. In addition to robust academic offerings and engaging student experiences on the main campus located in Radford, Virginia, Radford University also offers a clinical-based educational experience for more than 1,000 students living and learning in Roanoke, Virginia as part of Radford University Carilion, a public-private partnership focused on the cutting-edge delivery of health sciences programming, outreach and service.
Within the Waldron College of Health and Human Services the department of Occupational Therapy is seeking a full-time twelve-month Special Purpose Teaching and Research faculty appointment. This position will report to Program Director, of the Occupational Therapy Program.
The Acad Fieldwork Coord & Instruc Manages fieldwork for the occupational therapy assistant program, and contributes in the areas of teaching, scholarship and service.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Ensures the program’s compliance with ACOTE’s fieldwork standards by coordinating systems, policies and procedures for selecting fieldwork education sites, developing and maintaining contractual agreements between the university and fieldwork sites, complying with site health and safety requirements, documenting fieldwork activities, maintaining student records, and evaluating the outcomes of the fieldwork program.
2. Provides resources and training to fieldwork educators, collaborates with them to develop learning objectives and experiences, and communicates with them regarding student performance and progress.
3. Assigns students to fieldwork experiences, and mentors and advises them throughout the placement process.
4. Maintains credentials for the practice of occupational therapy (national certification, state licensure), in order to incorporate knowledge and skills into teaching.
5. Teaches a didactic and/or clinical course each semester in area(s) of expertise and interest, and serves as instructor of record for fieldwork courses.
6. Develops course objectives and teaching/learning experiences for students which reflect the program’s philosophy of education.
7. Continues development of proficiency in teaching through investigation, formal education, continuing education, and self-investigation.
8. Participates in the organizational, admissions, curriculum development, strategic planning, and accreditation activities of the program.
9. Participates in scholarly activities such as program evaluation, literature review, grant development, presentation, or publication.
10. Participates in national, state and/or local professional and community organizations.
11. Promotes a positive image of occupational therapy and educates others about the profession both internally and externally.
1. Nationally certified and state licensed occupational therapy assistant.
2. The capacity to create a positive environment and to work collaboratively with fieldwork sites, administrators, other faculty, staff and students to achieve the goals and objectives of the department, college and university.
1. Expertise in pediatrics and/or mental health
2. Teaching experience in an academic setting or as a continuing education provider
1. Associate’s degree from an accredited occupational therapy assistant program
2. Baccalaureate degree in a related field
3. Master’s degree preferred or progress towards master’s degree, to be completed within two years of hire date.
4. Minimum of two years clinical experience as an occupational therapy assistant and evidence of advanced clinical competencies or expertise in one or more areas of practice.
Salary Commensurate With Experience
Application Review Date
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
With your application please submit a resume, a copy of your current license to practice as an occupational therapy assistant (under the Attachment 1 document), transcripts from all colleges attended, and a letter of interest.
Faculty employment conditions
Must have a criminal background check
Statement of Economic Interest is required
Required job related Licenses
Describe required job related licenses and/or certifications
Nationally certified and Virginia state licensed occupational therapy assistant.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
Radford University does not discriminate with regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status, national origin, religion, or political affiliation in the administration of its educational programs, activities, admission or employment practices.
Reasonable Accommodation Statement
If you are an individual with a disability and desire accommodation in the application process please contact the hiring department.