About our organization:
Applied Behavioral Counseling provides home based ABA (applied behavioral analysis) therapy to children with autism.
DESCRIPTION of the position:
The ABA therapist works directly with the child with autism at their home, under the supervision of a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA).
We have a case available in Leavenworth IN, that involves working with a 4 year old girl with autism.
Afternoons Monday-Friday after 3pm but session can not exceed 8pm, and varied hours on weekends are possible.
- RESPONSIBILITIES of the Job:
- Implement 1:1 behavioral intervention programs to children with autism in their homes.
- Participate in a training program that provides instruction on ABA, discrete trial teaching techniques, management of maladaptive behaviors, child development and data collection techniques applicable to the client population.
- Receive supervision from a BCBA, for each client they work with.
- Observe and record child’s behaviors through data input into an electronic device and log hours and data accurately.
- Communicate with supervisory staff.
- Must have a minimum of 1 full year of ABA experience with children with autism.
-Education requirements: Must have BA in related field or working towards degree in related field. -RBT certification preferred, but not required. We provide and require RBT training.
Job Type: Part-time