The General Merchandise Freight Teammate is responsible for making sure our products are available for the customer. In this role, providing exception customer service is ensuring our shelves are stocked. This is achieved by managing product from the back room to our salesfloor. This is not a behind the scene role, you will interact directly with our customers by assisting with carry outs, retrieve carts, and helping to locate merchandise for our customers.
This is a great role for someone looking for a physical and fast paced work environment. Join Team Shopko!
Shopko teammates will be responsible for:
- Unload trucks and accurately fill product on the salesfloor
- Return excess stock to the backroom
- Carryout merchandise for our customers
- Help our customers locate merchandise on our salesfloor and answering customer questions
- Straightening and organizing merchandise
- Thank our customers for visiting our store
- We want you to enjoy what you do
- You count, and our customers return because of you
- Flexible scheduling
- Be part of a fun, supportive, and energetic team
- We are growing rapidly and promote from within
Minimum Knowledge, Experience & Skills Requirements:
- Must demonstrate Shopko’s commitment to provide exceptional customer service
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate and be friendly
- Detail oriented to ensure merchandise is accurately placed in our store
- Lift up to 50 pounds when unloading merchandise
- Comfortable with climbing a 6 foot ladder to stock merchandise
- High school equivalent reading and math skills
We are a growing company with plans to add 200 more stores over the next two years. We provide general merchandise, Pharmacy, and Optical services in our store formats of Shopko, Shopko Hometown, and Shopko Express.
At Shopko, we understand what matters to our customers. Our stores are designed to be simple, clean, and welcoming, not overwhelming. We offer the essentials our customers need and the brands they trust at a fair price. Shopko, the Stuff that counts.
We offers a professional team-oriented work environment, career advancement opportunities, competitive wages, and a comprehensive benefits package! If you are accessing this posting from another website, please submit an application at www.shopko.com/careers.
Shopko is an Equal Opportunity Employer functioning under an Affirmative Action Plan m/f/d/v.