The Line Attendant prepares products and packaging to meet customer specifications in compliance with company policy related to GMP's and Safety.
- Maintain area, equipment, and personal sanitation.
- Prepare, weigh, carry, load, space product.
- Open and rework product.
- Gather, review, and apply labels/stickers/ backer boards.
- Review order specs and assemble boxes.
- Review order specs and pack boxes.
- Inspect Machine E stops to ensure functionality before production starts.
- Quality checks to assure product is packaged according to customer specifications on production sheet (price / label / packaging).
- Directly communicate to line personnel on order specs and quality issues.
- Palletize product.
- Enter data on production reports.
- Communicate to line personnel on safety issues.
- Productive use of down time.
- All GLC employees are expected to perform any assignment or job task according to the stated safety policies and procedures.
- All GLC employees are expected to produce our products in a manner that exceeds the quality and value expectation of our customers and consumers by adhering to Good Manufacturing Practices, Policies and Procedures outlined in our Safe Quality Food Program.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the manager.
Required Education and Experience
- High School diploma or GED.
- Basic understanding of manufacturing processes and related equipment.
- Ability to make minor decisions based on standard practices.
- Ability to read and prepare production reports and comprehend production worksheets.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Ability to promote and model teamwork.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to constantly stand/walk; bend/flex/extend neck; frequently grip/reach/lift/pull with L/R hands.
- Ability to frequently handle material from floor-to-waist, waist-to-shoulder and pushing/pulling/carrying.
- Hair nets, ear plugs/muffs, hardhats, and/or safety glasses may be required.
- Product weight: up to 50 lbs.
- Repetitive work in a fast-paced production environment with average temperature of 50-60 degrees F.