PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES ARE:
1. Performing finishing operations on parts to produce a finished product.
2. Ability to read and understand engineering prints and tolerances.
3. Packaging and skidding finished product.
4. Identifying and reporting any scrapped product.
5. May be assigned to perform other duties as requested.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Frequently lifting or moving lightweight material.
- Continuous standing and reaching.
- Intermittent walking, lifting/lowering, pushing/pulling, and bending.
- Must be able to work full time on an ongoing basis.
ESSENTIAL MENTAL/VISUAL DEMANDS
- Use of some judgment to comply with work instructions.
- Ability to count and perform simple arithmetic.
- Excellent neat and mid range vision.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR EQUIPMENT
- Responsible for safely operating hand and power tools.
- Report any problems to supervisor immediately.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR MATERIAL
- Responsible for recording any scrap and the reason for that scrap.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR SAFETY
- Reasonable care in performing own work is necessary to prevent injury to others.
- Assure that equipment is being safely operated.
- Know location and function of safety switches.
- Know location of nearest fire extinguisher.
- Follow guidelines in safety manual.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR HOUSEKEEPING
- Responsible for maintaining housekeeping in the trim/finish department during the shift and at the end of each shift.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR WORK OF OTHERS
- Responsible for own work or occasionally for 1 person.
- Ensure that standard procedures are followed for work instructions, safety, and quality and report any violations to a supervisor.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR SAFETY EQUIPMENT
- Must wear eye protection.
- Must wear hearing protection.