Do you aim high? Are you genuinely helpful? Are you looking for a place where you can make a difference, receive ongoing support and training, and build a rewarding, long-lasting career?
Then you may be a good fit for FirstService Residential, North America’s foremost property management firm. We’re all about our associates, and as we continue to grow, we’re looking for even more quality people who share our dedication to doing what’s right, improving residents’ quality of life, building great relationships and truly making a difference for their clients, their colleagues and themselves. Is that you?
If so, we think you should get to know us.
1. Provide management and leadership to assigned properties and book of business. Collaborate with
Regional Director to develop goals and communicate established goals. Ensure the goals and needs of the properties, company and customers are consistently met
2. Manage the functions of a team within portfolio properties while maintaining standards of excellence for processes, methods, and personnel. Manage the process improvement and quality control of the properties and ensure quality resident service is delivered. Assign schedules and review the work of portfolio staff in accordance with contracted portfolio hours. Ensure deadlines are met in a timely manner and prioritize and delegate workload as necessary on multiple levels. Align resources to work assignments and processes to meet business requirements and contract requirements. Provide leadership and direction and assist in the investigation and resolution of internal and external problems and concerns.
3. Partner with Regional Director, Board of Directors and internal departments to develop and lead the
introduction and integration of new programs, services, and initiatives. Act as a liaison to ensure quality service is delivered, that Board expectations are met and to assist in prompt response and resolution to questions/problems. Establish and maintain a positive relationship with homeowners, the Board of Directors and internal departments to ensure a high level of resident service and achievement of company and property goals and objectives.
4. Maintain knowledge and understanding of the contracts between the associations and FirstService
Residential. Ensure all contractual obligations are being met based on the book of business.
5. Initiate contact with new resident representatives to coordinate the move-in process. Conduct an
introduction and orientation to the management staff and building, reviews available services, and explain the communities’ rules and regulations. Performs inspections of all common grounds no less than once per week, taking note of any deficiencies followed by the preparation of action plans for the entire book of business.
6. Process architectural control applications and close them out in a timely manner.
7. Oversee all construction projects and ensure property maintenance/improvement and other related projects are completed on time and within budget. Maintain open communication and provide timely action updates to the Board and residents.
8. Create, maintain and upload a wide variety of information in FSRConnect including but not limited to work orders, signed meeting minutes and Monthly Management Report for the entire book of business. Fulfill all company Connects compliance expectations throughout the year.
9. Interview, select, recommend, hire, train and schedule assigned portfolio staff. Ensure proper coverage and staffing levels for the entire book of business. Provide direction to staff and assist in the investigation and resolution of problems. Recommend personnel actions, promotions, transfers, terminations, or disciplinary measures. Manage the Performance Evaluation process of assigned unit and provide leadership, counseling, and coaching to associates. Maintain harmonious associate/ employer relations. Oversee training and cross-training programs and ensure all direct and indirect associates are aware of and comply with company, government and customer regulations, policies, work procedures, instructions, and deadlines. Participate in training programs and webinars as required.
11. Observe safety standards and participates in the Company’s efforts to provide a safe work environment. Conduct periodic safety meetings and ensure staff is trained and educated on safety procedures. Adhere to and maintain established Hurricane procedures.
12. Address Worker Compensation incidents according to company policy.
13. Maintain calendar of meetings and events and initiate and /or attend a wide range of internal and external meetings. Prepare and conduct a wide range of presentations as needed.
14. Provide financial support with a wide range of functions. Review financial statements and report
variances; submit invoices to CAS in a timely manner and review invoices/checks for accuracy before
presenting to the BODs.
15. Recommend and manage the multiple budgets for the functional area of responsibility based on the book of business. Monitor expenses, initiate cost reduction programs and negotiate prices with vendors. Ensure property expenses are maintained within budget.
16. Monitor vendor contracts regularly, submit renewal/cancellation notices, manage contract renewals
professionally and advise Regional Director of any upcoming insurance renewals or lapse in coverage.
17. Prepare bid comparison analysis and prepare and uses the Request for Proposal for bid solicitation.
18. Maintain awareness of changes in rules, statutes or regulations and communicate changes to staff. Direct training of staff when new procedures are required to comply with changes.
19. Update Association communications and ensure current information is displayed on the association boards and website. Prepare association newsletter and/or other communication with owners and residents as required.
20. Participate in the development of Standard Operating Procedures and maintain existing procedures. Review processes and ensure they are in compliance with the current statute. Manage the communication and compliance of SOPs within teams, managers and internal and external customers.
21. Prepare, maintain and submit a wide range of reports, contract lists, presentations, documents and manuals as required.
22. Maintain accurate records, files and communications pertinent to the Association and maintain up to date equipment maintenance logs and emergency shut off procedures book.
23. Manage payroll to ensure time is allocated correctly based on the book of business and well has contracted hours.
24. Attends multiple day and evening meetings on a monthly basis.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year
- HOA Board support and management: 1 year (Preferred)
- HOA Financials: 1 year (Preferred)
- Condo Management: 3 years (Preferred)
- Multiple locations
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Professional development assistance