- Enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate technical degree required in Information Science / Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or a related field
- Demonstrated proficiency with scripting or programming languages such as Bash, Python, C, C++, Java, Node.js, Ruby, or TypeScript
- Demonstrated proficiency in Linux, hands on and related debugging
Amazon Web Services is looking for highly talented and technical interns to help accelerate our growing Professional Services business. This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon’s world class technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies.
Professional Services engage in a wide variety of projects for customers and partners, providing collective experience from across the AWS customer base and are obsessed about strong success for the Customer. Our team collaborates across the entire AWS organization to bring access to product and service teams, to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation based upon customer needs.
During the internship you’ll work on projects (see below), attain certifications, and be enriched through professional development activities. The internship last for 12 consecutive weeks and is full-time (40 hours/week), beginning in May 2020. Applicants should have at a minimum one quarter/semester remaining after completion of the internship.
Projects will be related to:
- Migration Specialist – Assist customers with their journey to the cloud. You’ll be certified in our Migration Acceleration Program.
- Cloud Consultant – Assist customers with the design and implementation of their workload in the cloud.
- DevOps Specialist – Design continuous integration/continuous deployment pipelines
- Data & Machine Learning Associate – Guide our partners and customers with a focus on our machine learning services offering such as Amazon Sagemaker and more
We are looking for someone who is passionate about:
Being great fun to work with. At AWS, we have a credo of “Work hard. Have fun. Make history.” In this role, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact.
Enjoys working with customers of all shapes and sizes. You will have a passion for educating, training, designing, and building cloud solutions for a diverse and challenging set of customers ranging from small businesses to large enterprises. Expect to help our customers design flexible and scalable solutions, and work on some of the most complex challenges in large-scale computing.
Are curious and have a passion for learning. The ideal candidate will have a desire to work in the cloud computing industry. You will enjoy building your technical skills as you learn from top subject matter experts and industry thought leaders.
This position requires that the candidate selected be a U.S. citizen and be able to obtain/maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph at the conclusion of the internship.
- Experience with QA, testing, helpdesk, IT support, or any technician or quality assurance type work
- Experience guiding or teaching customers, partners, or students how to best apply technology in order to meet complex requirements.
- Experience with systems administration (Linux/Windows) or network administration (DNS, IPsec, BGP, VPN, Load Balancing)
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher or equivalent in their academic program
- Graduating between Dec 2020 and Aug 2021
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age