Essential Roles and Responsibilities include the following:
1. Support compliance activities associated with the Quality Management System including but not limited to the following: SQF Program, Good Manufacturing Practices, and Standard Operating Procedures.
2. Work in a safe manner and keep abreast of the SDS provisions and updates while adhering to food safety program guidelines.
3. Plan staffing needs daily. Assign shift start times and note on board.
4. Monitor production team to ensure adherence to SOP’s and safety standards.
5. Ensure finished product is filled and packaged according to the product specification sheet and meets quality standards.
6. Facilitation of training and supervision of personnel, including equipment operators and packers in all areas pertaining to production, packing, and finished product.
7. Ensure team training documents and employee requirements are up to date.
8. Coordinate with QC to verify all components listed for each production run are approved for use.
9. Coordinate with Warehouse Manager in retrieving and receiving raw ingredients and/or run components for any special needs.
10. Coordinate with Maintenance Manager to ensure equipment is ready prior to scheduled run.
11. Complete documentation as scheduled:
· Production Schedule
· Shift Change Report
· Temp Requests, Absence and Vacation documentation
· Time Cards
· Accident Reports (as needed)
12. Identify areas of opportunity and focus on continuous improvement.
13. Handle multiple priorities efficiently and effectively.
14. Other duties as assigned.
1st Shift production associates and operators.
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Ø Ability to communicate with others clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing.
Ø Ability to read and comprehend technical literature, written instructions, short correspondence and memos.
Ø Ability to perform physical work in climate controlled and non-climate controlled environment.
Ø Must be able to work in a fast pace environment with high speed moving manufacturing equipment.
Ø Math skills required: add, subtract, multiply, divide, percent, conversions, rounding.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
O (Occasionally) = 0-2.5+ hours/day F (Frequently) = 2.5 – 5.5+ hours/day C (Constantly) = 5.5+ hours/day
· Stand – C
· Reach Out – F
· High Degree of Flexibility – C
· Walk – F
· Reach Above Shoulder – F
· Maintain Balance – C
· Sit – O
· Near Vision – C
· Lift/Move up to 10 lbs – C
· Climb – O
· Hearing Normal Speech – C
· Lift/Move up to 50 lbs – C
· Dexterity – C
· Computer Use – O
· Lift/Move up to 100 lbs – O
· Crouch / Bend – F
· Telephone Use – O
· Push/Pull up to 50 lbs – C
Personal Protective Equipment:
Must follow requirements as appropriate for areas of the facility: hair net, beard net, disposable protective gowns, captive foot wear, ear plugs, safety glasses and gloves for extended periods of time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
wet and/or humid conditions
extreme temperatures (ambient, cold, hot, never constant)
moving mechanical parts (high speed machinery)
heavy machine equipment (forklifts, pallet jacks)
occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles
noise level in the facility is usually loud
occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals
some food ingredients contain known allergens
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ø Requires close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less), clear vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more), and color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors); peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Ø Ability to perform error-free work.
Ø Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Ø Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Ø Operates with a sense of urgency and consistently demonstrates the ability to prioritize workload.
Education and Experience:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ø Associates Degree or equivalent
Ø Three (3) to five (5) years related experience and/or training.
Ø Familiarity with FDA regulations including Good Manufacturing Practices preferred.
Ø Previous experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $48,000.00 – $68,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Manufacturing: 3 years (Required)
- One location
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented — enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- High stress tolerance — thrives in a high-pressure environment
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place