150180 – Assembler
Friday, February 5, 2021
Welcome to CWI.
CWI is one of the world’s leading producers of Round, Profile / Shaped Wire, Ultra Fine Wire, Wire Rope, and Cable Assemblies. In addition, CWI is an approved Domestic Producer of Mil-Spec Wire Rope.
Many industries depend on CWI for quality products and expertise. With eleven Manufacturing facilities in three countries and over 60 years of excellence, CWI is a market leader offering the widest range of high performance specialty alloys in nickel, stainless steel, and red metals. We manufacture Ultra-Fine Wire, Shaped/Profile Wire, and Wire Rope/Strands in the widest range of finishes in the market today. CWI wire products are used in mission critical applications for medical, aerospace, automotive, defense, mining, oil and gas, marine, and many other market sectors.
- Measure and cut cable to required lengths
- Attach assembly components to cable
- Load and operate crimping equipment to secure assembly components
- Load and operate metal forming die cast equipment
- Load and operate hydroforming equipment
- Change machine dies for start of new production runs
- Complete visual quality inspections on work-in-progress and finished product
- Measure and ensure dimensions of work-in-progress and finished product
- Operate pull-test equipment
- Complete first piece inspection
- Record completion of production and quality checks on production logs
- Package completed work-in-progress and finished product
- High school diploma or GED
- Read and follow written and visual work instructions
- Use and read calipers, micrometers and tape measures (in english and metrics)
- Use go/ no-go gages
- Understanding of decimal places in working w/numbers
- Operate a scale to complete weight counts
- Operate hand or foot pedal controlled equipment (to cycle)
- Operate automated equipment using a PC Controller
- Use common handtools (wrenches, exacto knife, hammer)
- Ability to hold components steady while inserting into operating equipment
- Counting (up to 100)
- Ability to work overtime
- Ability to complete fine-finger manipulation of small components.
- Ability to lift up to 15-20 pounds (frequently)
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds (infrequently)
- Ability to visually identify fine details for completion of quality check